Wednesday, August 22, 2012

Nora Ephron: A Tribute.

Here are the few movies Nora Ephron worked on as either producer or director or both! I decided to do this after watching her last movie - Julie & Julia. Goodbye :)

When Harry Met Sally (Producer)


[after Sally fakes orgasm in a deli]
Older Woman Customer: [to waiter] I'll have what she's having.

Cookie (Producer)


Lenore: I raised you all by myself. I was a single mother long before they were talking about it on Oprah Winfrey.

My Blue Heaven (Producer)


Vincent 'Vinnie' Antonelli: You dirty rat!
Billy Sparrow: Snitch!
Vincent 'Vinnie' Antonelli: Stool pigeon!
Billy Sparrow: Informer!
Vincent 'Vinnie' Antonelli: Squealer!
Billy Sparrow: You dirty rat!
Vincent 'Vinnie' Antonelli: I already said you dirty rat!
Billy Sparrow: Yeah, but I say it better.

This is My Life (Director)


Before the tour, before the talk shows, she was our mom.

Sleepless in Seattle (Director)


Sam Baldwin: [looking at a photograph] She looks like my third grade teacher, and I hated my third grade teacher... wait a minute, she IS my third grade teacher!

Mixed Nuts (Director)


[talking to caller on a suicide hotline]
Philip: May I put you on hold while I run to my desk? Uh... you're not calling from a bridge or holding a weapon, are you?
Hotline Caller: No.
Philip: Good.
 

Michael (Director & Producer)


Michael: No injuries, 6360 battles.

All I Wanna Do (aka Strike! or The Hairy Bird) - (Producer)


Snake: You're so beautiful I can eat your teeth

You've Got Mail (Director & Producer)


Kathleen Kelly: What will NY152 say today, I wonder. I turn on my computer. I wait impatiently as it connects. I go online, and my breath catches in my chest until I hear three little words: You've got mail. I hear nothing. Not even a sound on the streets of New York, just the beating of my own heart. I have mail. From you.

Hanging Up (Producer)


Maddy Mozell: You always ignore me! ever since i was 7 years old for Halloween and i dressed up as a carrot and you two snuck off without me. I'm just as much a part of this family as either of you... AND I WANNA FIGHT!
Eve Mozell Marks, Georgia Mozell: FINE!

Lucky Numbers (Director & Producer)


Larry: No man becomes wise without stepping on the soil of fools.
Russ: Right. Right! But I never claimed to be a... that's good. Where did you get that? Is that from the bible?
Larry: No, actually it's from this play I wrote in eight grade about Evel Knievel.

Bewitched (Director & Producer)


Jack Wyatt: [under Isabel's spell] Where art thou dog? Thy canine lover? / Where is thy hot breath on the nape of my neck? / We shall form a bond, man and beast. / You will lick my face and I shall lick your snout.
[spell breaks]
Jack Wyatt: Er guys, I swear I'm not doing this on purpose.

Julie & Julia (Director & Producer)


Julia Child: I'm Julia Child. Bon appetit!

Thank you Nora!
Nora Ephron (May 19, 1941 – June 26, 2012)

No comments:

Post a Comment