Bernie Teitel: Nothing better for a prosecutor than a criminal with a sense of history. Everything got written down. Who they killed, and what it cost. Meticulous record-keepers.Opened: December 15, 2006 Runtime: 1 hr. 45 min. Genre: Drama, Thriller Rated: 15
Monday, July 14, 2014
Wednesday, July 9, 2014
- The character of Mikaela Banes (portrayed by Megan Fox) in Transformers (2007) – which he directed was named after him.
- In Bad Boys (1995), his directorial debut, Bay paid $25,000 (one quarter of his fee) for the climax explosion scene. The initial shot was made impossible by a rainstorm, and the production company refused to pay for another try.
- The Rock (1996) is his favourite of the films he has directed.
- Sean Connery is his favourite actor that he's ever worked with.
- His first three films – Bad Boys, The Rock and Armageddon (1998) made him the youngest director to reach the billion dollar mark worldwide.
- He has worked with producer, Jerry Bruckheimer, on all of his films, except The Island (2005).
- All of his movies after Bad Boys (1995) have grossed more than $100 million, except The Island (2005), which flopped.
- He started out in the movie business as an intern for George Lucas on the production of Indiana Jones and the Raiders of the Lost Ark (1981).
Leonard Nimoy & Susan Bay
- He’s a relative to Leonard Nimoy (of the Star Trek franchise) through marriage; as Nimoy married his cousin, Susan Bay in 1988.
- Every single one of his films features the following shot: A group of helicopters flying in slow-motion, with the warming orange glow of the sunrise (or sunset) in the background filtering through their spinning blades.
Michael Bay’s movies have also grossed a total of $4.6 Billion worldwide; making him the sixth highest grossing director in Hollywood, behind the likes of Steven Spielberg, James Cameron & Peter Jackson.
The critics can go suck it!
Thursday, June 26, 2014
Judith Fellowes: [Yelling at Shannon] You thought you outwitted me, didn't you, having your paramour here cancel my call.Opened: August 06, 1964 Runtime: 2 hr. 05 min. Genre: Drama Rated: n/a
Maxine Faulk: Miss Fellowes, honey, if paramour means what I think it does you're gambling with your front teeth.
Wednesday, June 25, 2014
Joe Brody: You're not fooling anybody when you say that what happened was a "natural disaster,". You're lying! It was not an earthquake, it wasn't a typhoon! Because what's really happening is that you're hiding something out there! And it is going to send us back to the Stone Age! God help us all...
**THIS IS A MONSTER MOVIE! If you're looking for character development, I suggest you look elsewhere.**
It's the 1950's, nuclear bombs going off in the ocean, we see a huge spine in the ocean … nothing else, and then the roar/scream (or whatever you want to call it). Fast forward to 1999, the Philippines, where Japanese researcher, Ichiro Serizawa (Ken Watanabe) and his British assistant Vivienne Graham (Sally Hawkins) inspect an excavation site which also houses a monster's skeleton and two cocoons hanging from the ceiling; except ... one has hatched and headed to the sea, leaving behind the biggest trail you can think of.
Sunday, June 1, 2014
Atticus Finch: If you just learn a single trick, Scout, you'll get along a lot better with all kinds of folks. You never really understand a person until you consider things from his point of view... Until you climb inside of his skin and walk around in it.Opened: December 25, 1962 Runtime: 2 hr. 09 min. Genre: Drama Rated: A
Friday, May 23, 2014
Frank: Every security system is designed by security companies, not thiefs. It's not the question of if a thief can break in, it's how long. They place all the heavy systems where their customers can see them. They're selling the feel of security.Opened: August 24, 2012 Runtime: 1 hr. 29 min. Genre: Comedy, Drama, Crime Rated: 12
Tuesday, May 13, 2014
Social Services: [to Scout Master Ward and Captain Sharp] You two are the most appallingly incompetent custodial guardians Social Services has ever had the misfortune to encounter in a TWENTY-SEVEN year career!Opened: May 25, 2012 Runtime: 1 hr. 34 min. Genre: Comedy, Drama, Romance Rated: 12
Sunday, May 4, 2014
Sunday, April 27, 2014
Plainview: Drainage! Drainage, Eli! Drained dry, you boy! If you have a milkshake and I have a milkshake and I have a straw and my straw reaches across the room and starts to drink your milkshake. I drink your milkshake! I drink it up!Opened: December 26, 2007 Runtime: 2 hr. 38 min. Genre: Drama Rated: 12
Thursday, March 13, 2014
Frank Dixon: Do you know, one of my own men came up to me the other day, asked me if I wanted to join the big pool. Look at 'em, look at 'em, look at 'em. Place a bet on when Navorski was gonna leave this airport. Have you heard about this?Opened: June 18, 2004 Runtime: 2 hr. 08 min. Genre: Drama, Comedy Rated: 12
Thurman: [nodding] I have January 3rd.