Sunday, November 25, 2012

Tony Scott: A Tribute

I remembered after seeing Days of Thunder today; though I'm still in shock why he ended his life that way, I just hope that his family is being comforted.

The Hunger (1983)



Miriam Blaylock: You'll be back. When the hunger knows no reason! And then you'll need to feed, and you'll need me to show you how.

Top Gun (1986)



Maverick: I feel the need...
Maverick, Goose: ...the need for speed!

Beverly Hills Cop II (1987)



[Axel sees Rosewood with a huge pistol]
Axel Foley: Yo, man! What's that for?
Billy Rosewood: After the shootout at the club, I figured I needed more firepower.
Axel Foley: Yo man, we gotta talk, seriously. Who do you think you are, Clint Eastwood? Dirty Rosewood?

Revenge (1990)



Michael J. 'Jay' Cochran: I killed a man who I hated today.

Days of Thunder (1990)



Tim Daland: And Harry, I know you're great, you know you're great, but if the guy in the car doesn't trust you, we're never gonna win a damn race.

The Last Boy Scout (1991)



Joe Hallenbeck: Since it's the '90s, you don't just smack a guy in the face. You say something cool first.
Jimmy Dix: Like, "I'll be back."
Joe Hallenbeck: Only better than that. Hit him with a surfboard...
Jimmy Dix: "Surf's up!"
Joe Hallenbeck: Something like that.

True Romance (1993)



Clarence Worley: If there's one thing this last week has taught me, it's better to have a gun and not need it than to need a gun and not have it.

Crimson Tide (1995)



Capt. Ramsey: Those sailors out there are just boys... boys who are training to do a terrible and unthinkable thing, and if that ever occurs the only reassurance they'll have that they're doing the proper thing is gonna derive from their unqualified belief in the unified chain of command. That means we don't question each other's motives in front of the crew. It means we don't undermine each other. It means in a missile drill, they hear your voice right after mine, without hesitation. Do you agree with that policy, sailor?
Hunter: Absolutely, sir.
Capt. Ramsey: We're here to preserve democracy, not to practice it.

The Fan (1996)



Bobby Rayburn: I mean, come on, let's be real here, you know. What are we doin'? We're not curin' cancer, you know. We're playin' a game. That's all it is - just a game!

Enemy of the State (1998)



Robert Clayton Dean: What the hell is happening?
Brill: I blew up the building.
Robert Clayton Dean: Why?
Brill: Because you made a phone call.

Spy Game (2001)



Tom Bishop: Happy Birthday, Nathan. Did you know Langley has seven different birth dates for you?
Nathan Muir: And they're all wrong.
Tom Bishop: I know, believe me, it wasn't easy. KGB, Mossad, also wrong. Fortunately I was well trained.

Man on Fire (2004)



Elderly Man: In the church, they say to forgive.
Creasy: Forgiveness is between them and God. It's my job to arrange the meeting.

Déjà Vu (2006)



Doug Carlin: For all of my career, I've been trying to catch people after they do something horrible. For once in my life, I'd like to catch somebody BEFORE they do something horrible, all right? Can you understand that?

The Taking of Pelham 123 (2009)



Ryder: Garber! When you put your socks on this morning, did you ever think...? Turn around, let them frisk you. I was worried about you... I thought maybe you'd get lost but then I remembered you were a motorman, so... these tunnels don't change much, do they?

Unstoppable (2010)



Frank: This ain't training. In training they just give you an F. Out here you get killed.


Anthony David "Tony" Scott (21 June 1944 – 19 August 2012)




Goodbye Tony.

No comments:

Post a Comment