Saturday, December 22, 2012

The Jungle Book (Random Images)

[first lines]
Bagheera: Many strange legends are told of these jungles of India, but none so strange as the story of a small boy named Mowgli. It all began when the silence of the jungle was broken by an unfamiliar sound.
[Sound of baby crying]
Bagheera: It was a sound like one never heard before in this part of the jungle. It was a man cub! Had I known how deeply I was to be involved, I would've obeyed my first impulse and walked away.




Colonel Hathi: Espirit de Corps. That's the way I earned my commission in the Majarajah's Fifth Pachyderm Brigade. Back in '88 it was. Or... or was it?
Winifred: Here it comes. The Victoria Cross bit again.
Colonel Hathi: It was then I received the Victoria Cross for bravery above and beyond the call of duty. Ha ha! Those were the days. Discipline! Discipline was the thing! Builds character, and all that sort of thing, you know.

Baloo: So just try and... relax. Yeah. Cool it. Fall apart in my backyard. 'Cause let me tell you something, little britches: if you act like that bee at... Uh-uh. You're working too hard. And don't spend your time lookin' around for something you want that can't be found...
Baloo: [singing] When you find out you can live without it / And go along not thinking about it / I'll tell you something true / The bare necessities of life will come to you.

Baloo: What do they call you?
Bagheera: His name is Mowgli, and I'm taking him back to the man village.
Baloo: Man village? They'll ruin him. They'll make a man out of him.

Shere Khan: Element of surprise? Ho! I say. And now for my rendez-vous with the lost man-cub.

Baloo: He's hooked.
Bagheera: Ah, it was inevitable, Baloo. The boy couldn't help himself. It was bound to happen. Mowgli is where he belongs now.
Baloo: Yeah. I guess you're right. But I still think he'd have made one swell bear. Well, come on, Baggy, buddy. Let's get back where we belong. And get with the beat.

Winifred: Dear, haven't you forgotten something?
Colonel Hathi: Nonsense, Winifred, old girl. An elephant never forgets.
Winifred: Well, you just forgot our *son*!
Opened: October 18, 1967 Runtime: 1 hr. 18 min. Genre: Adventure, Animation Rated: G

HAPPY HOLIDAYS!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment