Wednesday, September 11, 2013

Saving Private Ryan (Random Images)


Gen. George C. Marshall: I have a letter here, written a long time ago, to a Mrs. Bixby in Boston. So bear with me. "Dear Madam: I have been shown in the files of the War Department a statement of the Adjutant-General of Massachusetts that you are the mother of five sons who have died gloriously on the field of battle. I feel how weak and fruitless must be any words of mine which should attempt to beguile you from the grief of a loss so overwhelming. But I cannot refrain from tendering to you the consolation that may be found in the thanks of the Republic they died to save. I pray that our heavenly Father may assuage the anguish of your bereavement, and leave you only the cherished memory of the loved and lost, and the solemn pride that must be yours to have laid so costly a sacrifice upon the altar of freedom. Yours very sincerely and respectfully, Abraham Lincoln."

Private Jackson: What I mean by that, sir, is if you was to put me and thishere sniper rifle anywhere up to and including one mile from Adolf Hitler... with a clean line of sight... Pack your bags, fellas. War's over. Amen.
Captain Miller: Earn this.
Captain Miller: James Francis Ryan of Iowa?
Private Ryan: Yes, sir. Paton, Iowa, that's correct. What is this about?
Captain Miller: Your brothers were killed in combat.
Private Ryan: Which - Which ones?
Captain Miller: All of them.
Captain Miller: He better be worth it. He better go home and cure a disease, or invent a longer-lasting light bulb.
Captain Miller: Sometimes I wonder if I've changed so much, my wife is even gonna recognize me whenever it is I get back to her, and how I'll ever be able to, tell about days like today. Ahh, Ryan. I don't know anything about Ryan, I don't care. The man means nothing to me; he's just a name. But if, you know, if going to Rem"al, and finding him so he can go home, if that earns me the right to get back to my wife, well then, then that's my mission.
Private Ryan: Picture a girl who took a nosedive from the ugly tree and hit every branch on the way down.
Private Reiben: [shouts at Private Ryan] Hey asshole! Two of our guys died trying to find you all right?
[lining up a rifle shot]
Private Jackson: My goodness, and my fortress; my high tower, and my deliverer; my shield, and he in whom I trust.
Captain Miller: They're tankbusters sir. P-51s.
Private Ryan: Angels on our shoulders.

Opened: July 24, 1998 Runtime: 2 hr. 29 min. Genre: Action, War, Drama Rated: 15

No comments:

Post a Comment