Friday, June 21, 2013

James Gandolfini: A Tribute

Regardless of the many awesome roles he played in movies, James Gandolfinin will be remembered mostly for his performance on the hit show - The Sopranos as Tony Soprano, a troubled mob boss who happens to be seeing a therapist, amidst trying to balance his family life and a career in crime.

“If you can quote the rules, then you can obey them.” - Tony Soprano

True Romance (1993)

[Alabama walks into her room and sees Virgil sitting on a couch holding a shotgun]
Virgil: Hi.
Alabama: Hi... cigarette?
Virgil: No... that's a very nice outfit.
Alabama: This? I got this in Las Vegas, Nevada.
[pause]
Virgil: Alabama, where's our coke and where's Clarence, and when's he coming back?
Alabama: I'm sorry, I think you have the wrong room. My name is Saddie. We don't have any coke but there's a Pepsi machine down the hall. I don't know anybody named Clarence but perhaps my husband does. You can ask him because he'll be home any minute. He plays football. He's just at a... practice.

 Crimson Tide (1995)


Lt. Bobby Dougherty: [seeing a sailor coming on the bus] How are you doing?
Sailor with Oba: I'm fine, thanks.
Lt. Bobby Dougherty: [laughs slightly and gets stern] Address me as Sir when you speak to me! Stand at attention sailor!
[the sailor stands at attention]
Lt. Bobby Dougherty: [to Weps] Is he gonna fit in the sub?
Peter "Weps" Ince: [looking at the sailor's heavy set body] Doubtful.
Lt. Bobby Dougherty: Who played the submarine Commander in Enemy Below with Robert Mitchum? Was it Curt Jurgens or Hardy Kruger?
Sailor with Oba: [not knowing what Dougherty is talking about] Um, Sir...
Lt. Bobby Dougherty: Wrong answer! Drop down and give me 20, now! Move! Move!
[the sailor is on the floor doing push-ups]
Peter "Weps" Ince: Who was it?
Lt. Bobby Dougherty: Big ears, and a little mustache. Cary Grant.

Get Shorty (1995)

Bo Catlett: I'd like to introduce my associate, The Bear. Movie stuntman, champion bodybuilder. Throws out things I don't want.
Bear: I think you ought to turn around and head back to Miami.
Chili Palmer: So you're a stuntman, huh?
Bear: Yeah.
Chili Palmer: You any good?
Bear: Am I any good?
[He turns to Bo, laughing. Chili grabs him by the balls, then throws him down the stairs]
Chili Palmer: That's not bad for a guy his size.

 The Mexican (2001)

Winston Baldry: Do you want me to rape you?
Samantha: Are you gay?
Winston Baldry: Do you want me to rape you?
Samantha: You are gay.

In the Loop (2009)

Karen Clarke: When did you shoot a guy last?
Lt. Gen. George Miller: What, just because I haven't shot someone in fifteen years. I'm not a soldier? You know, the Army doesn't make you drag some bullet-ridden bloody corpse into the Pentagon every five years to renew your soldier's license!

The Taking of Pelham 1 2 3 (2009)

Mayor of New York City: I left my Rudy Giuliani suit at home.

Where The Wild Things Are (2009)

Carol: I don't talk to owls. Owls are stupid. 

 Killing Them Softly (2012)

Mickey: I've been drinking since before you came out of your father's ****. Don't tell me what I do.

Zero Dark Thirty (2012)

C.I.A. Director: What's this - this cluster of buildings down here?
George: The PMA - it's the Pakistani Military Academy.
C.I.A. Director: [looks at him incredulously]
George: It's their West Point.
C.I.A. Director: And how close is it to the house?
George: About a mile.
Maya: Four thousand, two hundred, twenty one feet; it's closer to eight-tenths of a mile.
C.I.A. Director: Who are you?
Maya: I'm the mother****** that found this place. Sir.

The Incredible Burt Wonderstone (2013)

Doug Munny: You need to do something fresh!
Burt Wonderstone: I suppose I could hold my poop.

Goodbye Tony.


No comments:

Post a Comment