Wednesday, February 12, 2014

The Hobbit: The Desolation of Smaug (Random Images)

Smaug: [rises up] Revenge? Revenge? I will show you revenge?
[takes flight towards Lake Town]
Smaug: I am fire... I am death!

Legolas: [Looking at two pictures in a locket that he has confiscated from Gloin. The picture on the left has a long thick beard] Who is this? Your brother?
Gloin: That is my wife!
Legolas: [Looking at the infant in the other picture] And who is this horrid creature? A goblin mutant?
Gloin: That is my wee lad, Gimli!
Smaug: Well, thief! I smell you, I hear your breath, I feel your air. Where are you?
[moves in Bilbo's direction]
Smaug: Where are you?
[Bilbo runs, but Smaug hears his footsteps across the gold and follows]
Smaug: Come now, don't be shy... step into the light.
Bard the Bowman: You have no right to enter that mountain!
Thorin Oakenshield: I have the ONLY right!
Radagast the Brown: What if it's a trap?
Gandalf: Turn around and don't come back.
[Radagast leaves]
Gandalf: It's undoubtedly a trap.
[draws his sword]
Smaug: [sees Bilbo looking at the Arkenstone] I am almost tempted to let you take it, if only to watch Oakenshield suffer. Watch it destroy him, watch it corrupt his heart and drive him mad... But I think not. I think our little game ends here. So tell me, Thief, how do you choose to die?
Thorin Oakenshield: You're afraid.
Balin: Yes! Yes, I'm afraid! I fear for YOU, Thorin. A sickness lies on that treasure, a sickness that drove your grandfather mad!
Thorin Oakenshield: I am not my grandfather.
Balin: You are not yourself! The Thorin I know would not hesitate...
Thorin Oakenshield: I will not risk this quest for the life of one burglar.
Balin: Bilbo. His name is Bilbo!
Smaug: Let me tell you, I ate six ponies last night and I shall catch and eat the others before long. In return for the excellent meal I shall give you one piece of advice for your good: don't have more to do with dwarves than you can help!
Bilbo Baggins: Dwarves?
Smaug: I know the smell and taste of dwarves, no one better! Don't tell me that I can eat a dwarf-ridden pony and not know it! You'll come to a bad end if you go with such friends, Thief Barrel-Rider! I suppose they are skulking outside, and your job is to do all the dangerous work and get what you can when I'm not looking? For them? And you will get a fair share? Don't you believe it! If you get off alive, you'll be lucky!


[last lines]
[Smaug begins his attack on Lake Town]
Bilbo Baggins: What have we done?

Opened: December 11, 2013 Runtime: 2 hr. 41 min. Genre: Action, Adventure, Fantasy Rated: PG-13

No comments:

Post a Comment