Saturday, December 17, 2011

Movie #23 - Star Trek

Day #24

Star Trek

I am not a trekkie, therefor as a new-comer I was blown away by this 2009 reboot (one the best movies that year).


The story was the strongest part, making it enjoyable for non-trekkies like myself, as the introduction of the crew from Kirk to Scotty was brilliantly infused into the story, which was then fused with amazing special effects (Space Jump anyone?).


With the guys that brought us "Fringe" (J. J. Abrams, Roberto Orci and Alex Kurtzman) writing, producing and directing this movie, it's not a surprise how brilliant the movie turned out. The cast also deserves some praise, Zachary Quinto as Spock was amazing, and Eric Bana as Captain Nero (the villain) was a convincing performance. The cast in general was brilliant.

After the movie, can I consider myself a trekkie?

No comments:

Post a Comment