Saturday, January 28, 2012

Day #66 - Breakfast at Tiffany's

"Promise me one thing: don't take me home until I'm drunk - very drunk indeed."

Movie #66

Breakfast at Tiffany's
I first heard the song - "moon river" while watching the TV movie "The Audrey Hepburn Story" and frankly I was blown away; a couple of years later after seeing this movie, I was sold.




This is a fabulous romantic comedy which involves two damaged (a hopeless party girl and a gigolo) people finding love, with lots of smoking, drinking and an adorable cat named "Cat."
This is a stylish movie that views New York's high style through Audrey Hepburn's iconic performance as Holly Golightly, whose very presence and charm is delivered in a delightful manner.

This 1961 classic is still very much enjoyable, just as long as you fast forward Mickey Rooney's scenes.


FYI - The final scene in the movie with Holly and Paul looking for "Cat" together in the rain is truly an epic moment in cinema history.

No comments:

Post a Comment