Sunday, May 13, 2012

Random Image (Mother's Day Special)

Today's random image is dedicated to the only movie which my mom and I can sit through, without her walking out. This is a movie I grew up with, watching it so many times with mom (and the rest of the family) was/is really a fantastic mother - son experience for me.

Happy Mother's day mom ;)

The Sound of Music

The Baroness: Somewhere out there is a lady who I think will never be a nun. Auf Wiedersehen, darling.
Baroness

Captain von Trapp: It's the dress. You'll have to put on another one before you meet the children.
Maria: But I don't have another one. When we entered the abbey our worldly clothes were given to the poor.
Captain von Trapp: What about this one?
Maria: The poor didn't want this one.


Captain von Trapp: Oh, there's nothing wrong with the children. Only the governesses.

Captain von Trapp: You brought music back into the house. I had forgotten.


Captain von Trapp: You are the twelfth in a long line of governesses who have come here to look after my children since their mother died. I trust you will be an improvement on the last one. She stayed only two hours.

Captain von Trapp: Fraulein Maria, did I or did I not say that bedtime is to be strictly observed in this household?


Maria: Yes, well the children were scared of the thunderstorm and... You did, sir.
Captain von Trapp: And do you or do you not have trouble following these simple instructions?
Maria: Only during thunderstorms, sir.

Max: I like rich people. I like the way they live. I like the way I live when I'm with them


Maria: You know how Sister Berthe always makes me kiss the floor after we've had a disagreement? Well, lately I've taken to kissing the floor whenever I see her coming, just to save time.

[Maria finds a frog in her pocket]
Frau Schmidt: You're lucky. With Fraulein Helga, it was a snake!
 


Captain von Trapp: My fellow Austrians, I shall not be seeing you again perhaps for a very long time. I would like to sing for you now... a love song. I know you share this love. I pray that you will never let it die.

No comments:

Post a Comment