Thursday, February 16, 2012

Day #85 - Taxi Driver

Travis Bickle - You talkin' to me? You talkin' to me? You talkin' to me? Then who the hell else are you talkin' to? You talkin' to me? Well I'm the only one here. Who the f@#$ do you think you're talking to?

Movie #88

Taxi Driver
It's engaging, fascinating, gritty, haunting, visceral and Robert De Niro is crazy!


This is yet another Martin Scorsese movie that is appearing on the project and it's a mighty fine film, featuring one of De Niro's finest performances.




This is a psychodrama that doesn't hit home till the final third of the movie, But! the first part is simply intriguing, although seems aimless, it takes you into the life and mind of a very disturbed man who is brilliantly portrayed by De Niro. Scorsese's depiction of New York is really haunting as it really gets in tune with its alien and lonely theme.

Classic!

No comments:

Post a Comment